Old 11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Avi Greenbury

Default Ubuntu loosing its popularity

Tapas Mishra wrote:

> Some people on the list must be interested in following news.

This precise subject has been covered numerous times on here in the
past, and none of those times did it have anything much to do with
technical support.

It's not that there's no place for this sort of topic on this list, or
that we or canonical are trying to avoid letting people talk about
Unity's shortcomins, it's just that this is _not_ a general discussion
list, if you'd like one, there's a small-but-growing Ubuntu-leaning one
here:

http://groups.google.com/group/bikeshed

It's what was set up to replace Canonical's Off-Topic list when that
was shut down.

Please, if you genuinely have something to add to the discussion, and
feel it really is on-topic, seek out one of the older threads about it
- people actively disinterested in or bored with the topic are likely to
have already set those threads to ignore.

--
Avi

Old 11-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Nicolas Kovacs