Old 11-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Liam Proven

Default LibreOffice and Unity global menus

Has anyone else found that if you install the add-in that integrates
LibreOffice's menus into Oneiric's global menu bar, then the
keystrokes to operate the menus no longer work?

Is there any way around this? It's driving me crazy. I might have to
try to work out how to uninstall the addin. I barely use the mouse
while wordprocessing and being compelled to is maddening.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Colin Law

On 29 November 2011 02:10, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else found that if you install the add-in that integrates
> LibreOffice's menus into Oneiric's global menu bar, then the
> keystrokes to operate the menus no longer work?

Can you describe how to install the add-in so I can give it at try?

Colin

> Is there any way around this? It's driving me crazy. I might have to
> try to work out how to uninstall the addin. I barely use the mouse
> while wordprocessing and being compelled to is maddening.
>
> --
> Liam Proven • Info & profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/lproven
> Email: lproven@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven@gmail.com
> Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884 • Fax: + 44 870-9151419
> AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lproven@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508

gplus.to/clanlaw

Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Liam Proven

On 29 November 2011 07:22, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 29 November 2011 02:10, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone else found that if you install the add-in that integrates
>> LibreOffice's menus into Oneiric's global menu bar, then the
>> keystrokes to operate the menus no longer work?
>
> Can you describe how to install the add-in so I can give it at try?

Let me try to find it.

This is the bug, AFAICS:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45038

Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Colin Law

On 29 November 2011 17:54, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 November 2011 07:22, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 29 November 2011 02:10, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Has anyone else found that if you install the add-in that integrates
>>> LibreOffice's menus into Oneiric's global menu bar, then the
>>> keystrokes to operate the menus no longer work?
>>
>> Can you describe how to install the add-in so I can give it at try?
>
> Let me try to find it.
>
> This is the bug, AFAICS:
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45038

Or the launchpad bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lo-menubar/+bug/760879

I don't seem to have lo-menubar installed, I had vaguely wondered why
the LO menus were not in the panel. I assume you can just remove it
by
sudo apt-get remove lo-menubar

Colin

Old 11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Liam Proven

On 29 November 2011 20:08, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 29 November 2011 17:54, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you describe how to install the add-in so I can give it at try?
>>
>> Let me try to find it.
>>
>> This is the bug, AFAICS:
>> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45038
>
> Or the launchpad bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/lo-menubar/+bug/760879
>
> I don't seem to have lo-menubar installed, I had vaguely wondered why
> the LO menus were not in the panel. *I assume you can just remove it
> by
> sudo apt-get remove lo-menubar

Yup, that's what I've had to do. I did rather like the consistency of
OpenOffice, oops, sorry, *LibreOffice* being the same as my other
apps, but not if I can't use it via the keyboard!