Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Verde Denim

Default update missing sources

For the past two weeks I've been trying to get a 'clean' update on my Ubuntu 11.04 system. I keep getting this -
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/sevenmachines/flash/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/source/Sources and

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/sevenmachines/flash/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/binary-amd64/Packages.

Both return a 404 error.

This system has ubuntu-tweaks installed so it is likely that the repo entry points to this.

In looking at the url, I am able to find http://ppa.launchpad.net/sevenmachines, but the path to the source folder seems to be

/release+1/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/source. This folder contains a Release, Sources, Sources.bz2, and Sources.gz

Anyone else having this issue and have a path to a resolution?

Thanks, as always, for the input...

Old 11-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Jonathan Hudson

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:35:30 -0500, Verde Denim wrote:

>For the past two weeks I've been trying to get a 'clean' update on my
>Ubuntu 11.04 system. I keep getting this -
>W: Failed to fetch
>http://ppa.launchpad.net/sevenmachines/flash/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/source/Sourcesand
>W: Failed to fetch
>http://ppa.launchpad.net/sevenmachines/flash/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/binary-amd64/Packages
>.
>
>Both return a 404 error.
>
>This system has ubuntu-tweaks installed so it is likely that the repo entry
>points to this.
>
>In looking at the url, I am able to find
>http://ppa.launchpad.net/sevenmachines, but the path to the source folder
>seems to be
>/release+1/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/source. This folder contains a Release,
>Sources, Sources.bz2, and Sources.gz
>
>Anyone else having this issue and have a path to a resolution?
>
>Thanks, as always, for the input...

Remove the ppa, the latest version for ia-32 and x86_64 is provided by
the Ubuntu .deb / installer.

-jh

Old 11-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Colin Law

On 27 November 2011 15:35, Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the past two weeks I've been trying to get a 'clean' update on my Ubuntu
> 11.04 system. I keep getting this -
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/sevenmachines/flash/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/source/Sources
> and
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/sevenmachines/flash/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/binary-amd64/Packages.

I have found that the best way to remove a ppa is to use ppa-purge.
You might have to install it first.

Colin