Old 11-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Johnny Rosenberg

Default sudo cp ~/Download/fonts /usr/share/fonts via nautilus how to give password in gui

2011/11/27 Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@gmail.com>:
> I want to know if I am installing fonts on command line as follows
> sudo cp -rv *~/Download/fonts /usr/share/fonts/truetype
> and I am having nautilus window ~/Download/fonts open is there a way I
> can copy using gui itself.
> Because when I try to do so it simply denies permission to me and I am
> forced to use command line.
> So is there a hack for using gui in this case?

gksudo nautilus

You can create a starter for this and assign an icon to it and put the
icon in the menu or wherever you like.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・*ーゼンバーグ

Old 11-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Paul Sladen

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
> is there a way I can copy using gui itself.

1. Double click on the font .ttf
2. The font viewer will open
3. Click "Install font"

-Paul

PS. (This copies the '.ttf' to '~/.fonts/' in your home directory)

Old 11-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Abhishek Dixit

2011/11/27 Conny Enstrm <uncurbed@swipnet.se>:
> 2011-11-27 06:50, Abhishek Dixit skrev:
>
>> I want to know if I am installing fonts on command line as follows
>> sudo cp -rv *~/Download/fonts /usr/share/fonts/truetype
>> and I am having nautilus window ~/Download/fonts open is there a way I
>> can copy using gui itself.
>> Because when I try to do so it simply denies permission to me and I am
>> forced to use command line.
>> So is there a hack for using gui in this case?
>>

> sudo nautilus
>
> or
>
> sudo mc
>
> (mc = Midnight Commander if it's installed)
>

> --
Thanks.