Old 11-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Shawn Pringle

Default can delete but not move to trash

Old 11-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Colin Law

On 26 November 2011 13:10, Shawn Pringle <shawn.pringle@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to move a folder to the Trash from $HOME/Documents, and it
> says that the file cannot be moved to the trash. *I made myself owner
> of the folder then of its contents and I am given an option to delete.
> *So, my question is under what circumstances is it impossible to move
> a file you have permission to delete to trash?

You first say you are trying to move the *folder* then you say the
*file* cannot be moved, so it is not clear what you mean. It might be
useful to know the exact error message.

Have you tried moving the files individually to see if it is a
particular one that is the problem? I don't know, but I imagine that
if the file were, for example, in use at the time then that could
give that problem.

Colin