Old 11-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Art Edwards

Default xfce in maverick

In the xfce settings manager, the window manager window is empty, though
I don't think it's supposed to be. Is anyone else having this problem?
Does it get better in natty?

Thanks

Art Edwards

Old 11-25-2011, 04:27 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:39:02 -0700
Art Edwards <edwardsa@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:

> In the xfce settings manager, the window manager window is empty,
> though I don't think it's supposed to be. Is anyone else having this
> problem? Does it get better in natty?
>
> Thanks
>
> Art Edwards

On my box there is a slight delay before the window becomes populated.
Maybe you are switching away from it too quickly?

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 11-25-2011, 05:18 AM
Art Edwards

On 11/24/2011 10:27 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:39:02 -0700
> Art Edwards <edwardsa@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:
>
>> In the xfce settings manager, the window manager window is empty,
>> though I don't think it's supposed to be. Is anyone else having this
>> problem? Does it get better in natty?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Art Edwards
>>
> On my box there is a slight delay before the window becomes populated.
> Maybe you are switching away from it too quickly?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
I waited 5 minutes.

Art Edwards

Old 11-25-2011, 06:25 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 23:18:37 -0700
Art Edwards <edwardsa@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:

> I waited 5 minutes.
>
> Art Edwards

Unlikely to be the problem, then.
Are you sure you are using Xfwm4 and not compiz or another window
manager?

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 11-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Art Edwards

On 11/25/2011 12:25 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 23:18:37 -0700
> Art Edwards <edwardsa@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:
>
>> I waited 5 minutes.
>>
>> Art Edwards
>>
> Unlikely to be the problem, then.
> Are you sure you are using Xfwm4 and not compiz or another window
> manager?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
I was (am) using compiz. I replaced it with xfwm4 and the window
populated. All I wanted to do was to have the focus follow the mouse. I
could change it in xfwm4, but the behavior did not follow me back to
compiz. I have now found the same switch in compiz. Thanks for your
correct suggestion.

Art Edwards

Old 11-26-2011, 05:15 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:13:10 -0700
Art Edwards <edwardsa@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your
> correct suggestion.

You are very welcome. I'm glad to be of service.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs