-   -   CORRECTION: Ubuntu Installation Questions (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/601954-correction-ubuntu-installation-questions.html)

Seattle Chaz 11-23-2011 09:58 PM

CORRECTION: Ubuntu Installation Questions

1. It depends. A clean boot generally implies that you format the /
directory thus wiping out any configuration data you may have stored
there.

You will need to manually add any software that is NOT in the
default distro.

By default, user files are placed in dev/sda#/filesystem/home/user.
Formatting /filesystem for the clean install would therefore wipe out
the user files along with any configurations contained therein. Moving
the /home folder to dev/sda#/home and NOT formatting during installation
will retain all user data and configs. See Full Circle Magazine, Issue
#54, page 38.

2. I'm not the one to ask.

3. Yes, absolutely. Here's how I did it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=212837&st=0#entry1427797