Old 11-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Tom Rausner

Default Can't install (lost Admin-password)

lÝr, 26 11 2011 kl. 00:05 +0000, skrev Avi Greenbury:
> Tom Rausner wrote:
>
> > Well, it seems I can't use the GUI for installing anything, no matter
> > what I do. I've changed the password for my wifes account several
> > times (with succes) but neither that nor the root password works in
> > GUI... But as I wrote earlier everything works in CLI. Something MUST
> > be broken between the two of them.
>
> That's not very likely, since they each ask the same coponent for
> authentication.
>
> Just to clarify, what is the username of the account for which you have
> changed the password, what is the username of the account as which you
> are logged in when trying to install software, and what, specifically,
> are you asked for by the box requesting authentication? Does it mention
> a username?
>
> Is the account definitely a suodoer? If you open a terminal when logged
> in as that user and type
>
> sudo echo "A"
>
> what happens?
>
> --
> Avi

I don't really know what to say... I sat down at my wife's computer just
a minut ago trying to get the installation-of-programs process to
work... but today it just works like a dream! no problems. I can change
passwords, I can install, I can rewove.. everything works... But thanks
anyway everybody.

--
Tom Rausner
tom@rausner.dk ICQ:276707843 www.tomtech.dk