-   -   Can't install (lost Admin-password) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/601926-cant-install-lost-admin-password.html)

Tom Rausner 11-23-2011 08:58 PM

Can't install (lost Admin-password)

Hi!

Hope someone can help me with a serious problem.
By accident the admin password to the authkey on
my wifes computer has been changed, and I don't
know into what.

How can I get around to change it to something
known, without knowing what it is now ?

She can use the computer with no problems (she
does not have any password on her account), but
it's impossible to install anything new on it.

By the way; administration was done from her
account(in the good days, where it was working)
using sudo. But then she had a password. Can the
removing of her account password be the reason for
the malfunction ?

Her computer is running ubuntu 11.10 in the
"out-of-the-box" configuration.

--
Tom Rausner
tom@rausner.dk ICQ:276707843 www.tomtech.dk