Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Olivier Pavilla

Default hibernate doesn't work. How fix that?

Hi everyone.

I have natty 64 bit on HP laptop. My /home is encrypted. pm-utils is
installed.
Today I noticed hibernate doesn't work properly.
If I type sudo hibernate. My laptop is going to hibernation but when I
start it. It's like I never ask it to hibernate. I mean it's regular
startup.
I installed hibernate deb package from the repository. After hibernate
it can't startup properly because it can't find encrypted /home.
Does anyone know how to fix that. I have to have encrypted /home.
Thanks in advance.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Liam Proven

On 21 November 2011 18:56, Olivier Pavilla
<olivier.pavilla@linux-squad.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I have natty 64 bit on HP laptop. My /home is encrypted. pm-utils is
> installed.
> Today I noticed hibernate doesn't work properly.
> If I type sudo hibernate. My laptop is going to hibernation but when I
> start it. It's like I never ask it to hibernate. I mean it's regular
> startup.
> I installed hibernate deb package from the repository. After hibernate
> it can't startup properly because it can't find encrypted /home.
> Does anyone know how to fix that. I have to have encrypted /home.
> Thanks in advance.

I have to use the "nomodeset" kernel parameter on my machine to have
suspend/resume/hibernate/wake work.

Also, try a test install with unencrypted /home and see if it sleeps &
wakes OK?