Old 11-21-2011, 02:51 PM
"W. Scott Lockwood III"

Default Off Topic arugument - for Amedee

>> Have you signed the Ubuntu code of conduct? Judging from the fact that
>> you are accusing others of "whinging" and "shouting" I'm guessing not.

> Indeed, Liam hasn't signed the CoC: https://launchpad.net/~lproven But you
have.
> Unfortunately I cannot see your actual signature, like you can see my
signature at
> https://launchpad.net/~amedee/+codesofconduct
> That's suspicious!

Suspicious for very low values of suspicion, or effort on your part, it
seems:

2008-01-10: digitally signed by Scott Lockwood (1024D/7323E3A6)
https://launchpad.net/~wsl3/+codesofconduct

I find it far more curious that attempting to view your signature results
in:
Not allowed here
Sorry, you don't have permission to access this page.

You are logged in as Scott Lockwood.

So basically, you're just trolling?

--
W. Scott Lockwood III

Old 11-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Amedee Van Gasse

[...]

Perhaps we can only view our own signatures?

2007-02-18: digitally signed by Amedee Van Gasse (1024D/82BA02FC)

So basically, you're just trolling?

I'm not the one who is changing topic subjects and thereby breaking
threads in Thunderbird... and I'm not talking about your message to me.
Please. I implore you. Let it end right here and now.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Colin Watson

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 08:31:11PM +0100, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> On 21-11-11 16:51, W. Scott Lockwood III wrote:
> >I find it far more curious that attempting to view your signature results
> >in:
> >Not allowed here
> >Sorry, you don't have permission to access this page.
> >
> >You are logged in as Scott Lockwood.
>
> Perhaps we can only view our own signatures?
>
> 2007-02-18: digitally signed by Amedee Van Gasse (1024D/82BA02FC)

Correct; that page is restricted to the user in question and the
Launchpad administrators. lib/lp/registry/browser/configure.zcml:

<browserage
name="+codesofconduct"
for="lp.registry.interfaces.person.IPerson"
permission="launchpad.Edit"
class="lp.registry.browser.person.PersonCodeOfCond uctEditView"
template="../templates/person-codesofconduct.pt"/>

And lib/canonical/launchpad/security.py:

class EditPersonBySelfOrAdmins(AuthorizationBase):
permission = 'launchpad.Edit'
usedfor = IPerson

def checkAuthenticated(self, user):
"""A user can edit the Person who is herself.

The admin team can also edit any Person.
"""
return self.obj.id == user.person.id or user.in_admin

It does seem slightly odd that you can see the fact that somebody else
signed the code of conduct, but not when; it's possible that this is
unintentional, as there's no explicit security model applied to
SignedCodeOfConduct that I can see, but it just so happens that the only
place that's ever rendered is on the +codesofconduct edit page. It
might be worth filing a bug about that if it's something you care about.

--
Colin Watson [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]