Old 11-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Jason Paul Joines

Default need good way to create screencast

I'm running Kubuntu 11.04 on Lenovo ThinkPad T510 and trying to
make a video with audio of a LibreOffice Impress presentation I'm giving.

I've tried using istanbul, gtk-recordmydesktop, recorditnow, and
recordmydesktop. In each case the video and audio get out of sync.
I've tried every combination of settings I could find via Google in any
forum post, YouTube video, bug report, etc., but nothing works.

The latest thing I've tried was to use the script posted in the bug
report at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/recordmydesktop/+bug/339648
which records audio and video separately and then recombines them. Just
in case anyone else tries that script, recordSoundAndDesktop.sh, I had
to replace the single dashes in the recordmydesktop line with double
dashes as in --fps and --v_quality. The result was a video that was
still out of sync with the audio but also ran way too fast.

My sound hardware via hwinfo is:
20: PCI 1b.0: 0403 Audio device
[Created at pci.318]
Unique ID: u1Nb.WiEkMfkoYv9
SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0
SysFS BusID: 0000:00:1b.0
Hardware Class: sound
Model: "Intel Ibex Peak High Definition Audio"
Vendor: pci 0x8086 "Intel Corporation"
Device: pci 0x3b56 "Ibex Peak High Definition Audio"
SubVendor: pci 0x17aa "Lenovo"
SubDevice: pci 0x215e
Revision: 0x06
Driver: "HDA Intel"
Driver Modules: "snd_hda_intel"
Memory Range: 0xf2620000-0xf2623fff (rw,non-prefetchable)
IRQ: 41 (25351 events)
Module Alias: "pci:v00008086d00003B56sv000017AAsd0000215Ebc04sc0 3i00"
Driver Info #0:
Driver Status: snd_hda_intel is active
Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe snd_hda_intel"
Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown

Any ideas?

Jason

Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Mon, November 21, 2011 00:01, Jason Paul Joines wrote:
> I'm running Kubuntu 11.04 on Lenovo ThinkPad T510 and trying to
> make a video with audio of a LibreOffice Impress presentation I'm giving.
>
> I've tried using istanbul, gtk-recordmydesktop, recorditnow, and
> recordmydesktop. In each case the video and audio get out of sync.
> I've tried every combination of settings I could find via Google in any
> forum post, YouTube video, bug report, etc., but nothing works.
>
> The latest thing I've tried was to use the script posted in the bug
> report at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/recordmydesktop/+bug/339648
> which records audio and video separately and then recombines them. Just
> in case anyone else tries that script, recordSoundAndDesktop.sh, I had
> to replace the single dashes in the recordmydesktop line with double
> dashes as in --fps and --v_quality. The result was a video that was
> still out of sync with the audio but also ran way too fast.
>
> My sound hardware via hwinfo is:
> 20: PCI 1b.0: 0403 Audio device
> [Created at pci.318]
> Unique ID: u1Nb.WiEkMfkoYv9
> SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0
> SysFS BusID: 0000:00:1b.0
> Hardware Class: sound
> Model: "Intel Ibex Peak High Definition Audio"
> Vendor: pci 0x8086 "Intel Corporation"
> Device: pci 0x3b56 "Ibex Peak High Definition Audio"
> SubVendor: pci 0x17aa "Lenovo"
> SubDevice: pci 0x215e
> Revision: 0x06
> Driver: "HDA Intel"
> Driver Modules: "snd_hda_intel"
> Memory Range: 0xf2620000-0xf2623fff (rw,non-prefetchable)
> IRQ: 41 (25351 events)
> Module Alias: "pci:v00008086d00003B56sv000017AAsd0000215Ebc04sc0 3i00"
> Driver Info #0:
> Driver Status: snd_hda_intel is active
> Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe snd_hda_intel"
> Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
>

> Any ideas?

recordmydesktop should just work, so my idea would be to file a bug report
at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/recordmydesktop/+bug/
First check if there is already a similar bug, but I suppose that you have
already done that.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Jason Paul Joines

[...]

I had already added my information to the existing bug report.
That bug report is over two and a half years old so it seems unlikely to
be fixed.

Jason

Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 AM
"A. Jorge Garcia"

[...]