Old 11-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Kent Paul Dolan

Default Second Life

> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:35:18 -0800
> From: Jim Smith <jim@oz.net>

> I have been experimenting with Second Life, using
> the tarball from their website. Does anyone know if
> this has been made into a .deb and put into a
> repository somewhere?

Seems so:

http://www.life2thefull.org/la2ndlife/archives/5-Ubuntu-Deb-package-for-Second-Life.html

Found with this google search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=second.life+package+deb

xanthian.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Jim Smith

Kent Paul Dolan wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:35:18 -0800
>> From: Jim Smith <jim@oz.net>
>>

>> I have been experimenting with Second Life, using
>> the tarball from their website. Does anyone know if
>> this has been made into a .deb and put into a
>> repository somewhere?
>>

> Seems so:
>
> http://www.life2thefull.org/la2ndlife/archives/5-Ubuntu-Deb-package-for-Second-Life.html
>
> Found with this google search:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=second.life+package+deb
>
> xanthian.

Thanks for the tip. Found it and installed it, obviously beta software.
I had been trying to run the Windoze version under Wine. It would
install fine but would always crash on running.

Jim

Old 11-28-2007, 12:14 AM
"Chris Mohler"

On Nov 27, 2007 7:08 PM, Jim Smith <jim@oz.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. Found it and installed it, obviously beta software.
> I had been trying to run the Windoze version under Wine. It would
> install fine but would always crash on running.

I've been using with this one on Gutsy:
http://secondlife.com/community/downloads-optional.php

It's just the binary inside the tarball - no package to install. This
version cleared up some audio trouble for me. Oh yeah - it's
definitely alpha, but I find it usable.

Chris