Old 11-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Ric Moore

Default My request to ubuntu developer team

On 11/22/2011 02:51 AM, Art Edwards wrote:

On 11/21/2011 07:40 PM, Craig White wrote:

On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 18:05 -0700, Craig White wrote:

On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 14:47 -0800, Ernest Doub wrote:

Show me ~any~ handheld device [using the above definition] currently
in distribution that has the same speed and productivity capabilities
as the desktop models currently in distribution. You might be able to
make a case [it would still be a major stretch] if you chose an
absolute bottom end desktop box and the most bleeding edge handheld
but not if you are comparing averages.
The desktop will have the advantage in productivity until there is a
major technological breakthrough requiring at least an order of
magnitude reduction in "real estate" required for a given level of
computing power.

----
OK - this is actually quite easy.

Quad core Tegra 3 processor

----
forgot the link ;-(

http://asustransformerprime.net/asus-transformer-prime/

So I looked at the link, and it doesn't answer the question. It is a
quad-core running at 2.0 GHz. This is ~2003 desktop performance, but
wait.. there is a whole GB of memory, and 16 GB of internal storage,
just like my USB stick! I think we are not defining productivity
consistently. I use my desktop (and laptop) to do large, scientific
calculations. I also use it to write papers for journals. I can also
browse the web and show videos. This is what I mean by productivity.
There is no tablet that comes close to doing all of those things, so
they fall under the toy category for me. So now Ubuntu puts a toy
interface on their desktop.

PeeWee Herman figured out what a tablet was good for, a drink tray!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDHUNiurqY&feature=related

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html