Old 11-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Seattle Chaz

Default Firefox: command line arguments

How do I always start Firefox in Private Browsing?
There is a setting in the Preferences window that automatically enables
Private Browsing whenever you start Firefox.

If you enter Private Browsing this way, the Firefox title bar won't
say (Private Browsing) but Firefox will still not retain history as
described above.
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Edit menu and
select Preferences.
2. Select the Privacy panel.

3. Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.Custom
History - Linux
4. Check the box next to Always use private browsing mode.
5. Click Close to close the Preferences window.

I'm fairly certain that the same method can be used to pass arguments at
the command line.