Old 11-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Peng Yu

Default How to install the same package on multiple ubuntu machine?

Hi,

I have a number of ubuntu machines with the same version of OS. I want
install some package on all of them. Login to each of them and run the
installation command (could be apt-get or traditional
configure->make->make install) is time consuming. Is there some tool
that can help me automate this process? Thanks!

Peng

Old 11-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Craig White

On Sat, 2011-11-12 at 20:58 -0600, Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a number of ubuntu machines with the same version of OS. I want
> install some package on all of them. Login to each of them and run the
> installation command (could be apt-get or traditional
> configure->make->make install) is time consuming. Is there some tool
> that can help me automate this process? Thanks!
----
puppet (http://www.puppetlabs.com)

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

There are several ways to do it. First is remastersys. Second is aptoncd, third is copy paste. I prefer copy paste. Here is the process

From the pc where all packages are installed
First copy /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin and /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin

Then copy all /var/cache/apt/archives *.deb file.

Then in all other pc

Goto synaptic from File-->Add Downloaded Packages
first open the two .bin file and then all *.deb file.

If it not works check those files are copied or not. If not do the process again in other PC. Hope it helps you.

Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman
Volunteer, Foundation for Open Source Solutions Bangladesh.
01611151550