Old 11-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Reinhard Haller

Default pitfalls on transition from grub/mbr to grub2/gpt

Due to a sector reallocation my RAID-5 array is degraded. I've to
replace my boot drive with a new one.

The current grub version is 0.97, ubuntu is updated to 10.04 LTS, /boot
is on a separate partition and I want to move the data to the new drive.

I'm trying to replace the old mbr partitioned drive with a gpt
partitioned new drive with grub2.

Are there any known pitfalls with this sidestep upgrade?

Thanks
Reinhard