Old 11-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Amedee Van Gasse

Default long boot time

On 11-11-11 16:23, Alan Pope wrote:

On 11/11/11 15:12, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:

I'm not entirely happy with the bootchart I posted at
http://twitpic.com/7d2x1x/full. Serieously, almost 8 minutes???
Do I read it correctly: is fsck.btrfs really taking up a lot of time?

Looks that way.

It's not funny

Also. LOL! You're using btrfs for /home!?

I hope you have good backups.

Don't worry, I know that it's new and experimental and all. Just like
ext3 was many many years ago.

I have an NAS *and* CrashPlan.

If nobody uses btrfs, it won't get tested and bugs won't get reported
and fixed. So I'm doing this as my contribution to Linux.

--
Amedee