Old 11-09-2011, 05:05 PM
"G. "

Default reinstall 11.10 without a cable connection and getting the wireless to work

2011/11/9 সাজেদুর রহিম জোয়ারদার <toshazed@gmail.com>:
> Dear Gary
>
> You may find the drivers for your wireless device inside the ubuntu 11.04
> cd. But I think your wireless device will work just after installing ubuntu
> 11.04 on the system.
>
> With Regards
> --
> রিং/ring
> +8801671411437
>
> মহাসচিব/General Secretary
> ফাউন্ডেশন ফর ওপেন সোর্স সলিউশনস বাংলাদেশ/Foundation for Open Source
> Solutions Bangladesh
>
> প্রধান সমন্বয়ক, "পেঙ্গুইন মেলা - ২০১১" ।। ব্যক্তিগত ব্লগঃ রিং-দ্য ডন 'র
> ব্লগ ।। সদস্য, লিনাক্স মিন্ট বাংলাদেশ ।। সদস্য, উবুন্টু বাংলাদেশ

Would that be the case also with 11.10? I would imagine so.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
"G. "

2011/11/9 G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com>:
> 2011/11/9 সাজেদুর রহিম জোয়ারদার <toshazed@gmail.com>:
>> Dear Gary
>>
>> You may find the drivers for your wireless device inside the ubuntu 11.04
>> cd. But I think your wireless device will work just after installing ubuntu
>> 11.04 on the system.
>>
>> With Regards
>> --
>> রিং/ring
>> +8801671411437
>>
>> মহাসচিব/General Secretary
>> ফাউন্ডেশন ফর ওপেন সোর্স সলিউশনস বাংলাদেশ/Foundation for Open Source
>> Solutions Bangladesh
>>
>> প্রধান সমন্বয়ক, "পেঙ্গুইন মেলা - ২০১১" ।। ব্যক্তিগত ব্লগঃ রিং-দ্য ডন 'র
>> ব্লগ ।। সদস্য, লিনাক্স মিন্ট বাংলাদেশ ।। সদস্য, উবুন্টু বাংলাদেশ
>>
>> --
>>

> Would that be the case also with 11.10? *I would imagine so.

I have found two references:

http://www.computerandyou.net/2011/10/how-to-install-restricted-wireless-drivers-in-ubuntu-without-wired-network/

The other said to copy
bcmwl-kernel-source_5.60.48.36+bdcom-0ubuntu5_i386.deb and
firmware-b43-installer_4.150.10.5-4_all.deb to the USB and install
them after 11.10 installs.

Any comments on these?

garyk

Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 AM
"G. "

2011/11/9 সাজেদুর রহিম জোয়ারদার <toshazed@gmail.com>:

> 2011/11/10 G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com>
>>
>> I have found two references:
>>

>> http://www.computerandyou.net/2011/10/how-to-install-restricted-wireless-drivers-in-ubuntu-without-wired-network/
>>

>> The other said to copy
>> bcmwl-kernel-source_5.60.48.36+bdcom-0ubuntu5_i386.deb and
>> firmware-b43-installer_4.150.10.5-4_all.deb to the USB and install
>> them after 11.10 installs.
>>
>> Any comments on these?
>
> Both of these two processes are actually same and I have asked you to do the
> same.
>
> With regards
> --
> রিং/ring
> +8801671411437

jkljlkjljlkjlkj

> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

I reinstalled 11.10. The drivers were already installed and the
wireless working. I had installed the hardware drivers when using the
live CD, so I think this obviated the need to do it later.