Old 11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
"Maxime Alarie"

Default I need help mounting a clonezilla image

Good day,
¬*
I have¬*¬* a¬* clonezilla image, that‚Äôs is split in multiple files.¬* :¬* sda1.ntfs.ptcl.img.gz.a[a-r].
¬*
I get errors when tryin to unzip the files. What would be the good day to decompress¬* the archive please?
¬*
Here is what I do:
¬∑¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* file sda1.ntfs.ptcl.img.gz.aa ¬*
o¬*¬* sda1.ntfs-ptcl-img.gz.aa: gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Mon Oct 31 11:49:50 2011, max speed
¬*
¬∑¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* gunzip sda1.ntfs.ptcl.img.gz.aa
¬*
Archive:¬* sda1.ntfs-ptcl-img.gz.aa
¬* End-of-central-directory signature not found.¬* Either this file is not
¬* a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.¬* In the
¬* latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
¬* the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:¬* cannot find zipfile directory in one of sda1.ntfs-ptcl-img.gz.aa or
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* sda1.ntfs-ptcl-img.gz.aa.zip, and cannot find sda1.ntfs-ptcl-img.gz.aa.ZIP, period.
¬*
¬∑¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* gunzip sda1.ntfs.ptcl.img.gz.*
o¬*¬* root@ubuntu:/media/Iomega HDD/2011-10-31-Eiger-img# gunzip sda1.ntfs-ptcl-img.gz.aa
o¬*¬* gzip: sda1.ntfs-ptcl-img.gz.aa: unknown suffix ‚Äď ignored
¬*
please help.
¬*
I would like to unzip it, and then mount it so I can get one file.
¬*

Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Colin Law

On 9 November 2011 17:19, Maxime Alarie <malarie@processia.com> wrote:

> I have¬*¬* a¬* clonezilla image, that‚Äôs is split in multiple files.¬* :
> sda1.ntfs.ptcl.img.gz.a[a-r].
>
> I get errors when tryin to unzip the files. What would be the good day to
> decompress¬* the archive please?

This may help
http://drbl.org/faq/fine-print.php?path=./2_System/43_read_ntfsimg_content.faq#43_read_ntfsimg_conten t.faq

Colin

Old 11-09-2011, 04:31 PM
"compdoc"

>I have a clonezilla image, that’s is split in multiple files.
¬*
¬*
Did clonezilla split the files for you? Wouldn't it be best to let clonezilla reassemble the files as it writes the image to a drive?
¬*
I never split the files since they are always written to a network share…
¬*
¬*

Old 11-09-2011, 05:24 PM
"Maxime Alarie"

>I have a clonezilla image, that’s is split in multiple files.
¬*
¬*
Did clonezilla split the files for you? Wouldn't it be best to let clonezilla reassemble the files as it writes the image to a drive?
¬*
I never split the files since they are always written to a network share…
¬*
¬*
Yes, Clonezilla split the files autmaticaly.