Old 11-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Adam Funk

Default separate columns in Gwibber in oneiric?

With the upgrade from natty to oneiric, Gwibber changed from 3.0.0.1
to 3.2.1, and I can not figure out how to get multiple columns in the
new version, even though the launchpad page has a link to a screenshot
like what I want (and am used to using):

https://launchpad.net/gwibber

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4344700256_4e2efb8fa0_o.jpg

The old version had a Gwibber -> New Stream menu item that created
more columns, and you could set them separately. I have two twitter
acounts for different purposes, and some lists, which I want to appear
in separate columns. In the new version, there seems to be one
displayed stream that mixes tweets from the two accounts, and the old
editable "RT" retweet is gone.

Can I get the desired features back? If not, can someone recommend
another twitter client that does what I want?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 11-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Adam Funk

On 2011-11-09, Adam Funk wrote:

> With the upgrade from natty to oneiric, Gwibber changed from 3.0.0.1
> to 3.2.1, and I can not figure out how to get multiple columns in the
> new version, even though the launchpad page has a link to a screenshot
> like what I want (and am used to using):
>
> https://launchpad.net/gwibber
>
> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4344700256_4e2efb8fa0_o.jpg
>

> The old version had a Gwibber -> New Stream menu item that created
> more columns, and you could set them separately. I have two twitter
> acounts for different purposes, and some lists, which I want to appear
> in separate columns. In the new version, there seems to be one
> displayed stream that mixes tweets from the two accounts, and the old
> editable "RT" retweet is gone.
>
> Can I get the desired features back? If not, can someone recommend
> another twitter client that does what I want?

Never mind, I've switched to Qwit. It's not quite as good for my
purposes as Gwibber was, but it's close.