Old 11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Haneef Bashir

Default libreoffice 3.4.4

Will Libreoffice in ubuntu automatically update to the newest release?
if not how to i upgrade without breaking anything?

--
Haneef Bashir
T: 966-562059593

Old 11-09-2011, 01:21 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Haneef Bashir <darkfena313@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will Libreoffice in ubuntu automatically update to the newest release?
> if not how to i upgrade without breaking anything?
>
> --
> Haneef Bashir
> T: 966-562059593
> E: hbashir313@gmail.com

If you installed through the repositories, it will update
automatically when the repositories get a new version. This may or
may not be the latest release. For example, my firefox is 3.6.3 on
Lucid LTS, but 7.something on Natty.

If you want to do your own updates, uninstall through apt, synaptic,
or whatever. Then download and follow the instructions on the
LibreOffice site. And check regularly for updates.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD