Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Nicolas Kovacs

Default Minor glitch in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS: artefacts in OpenOffice

Hi,

I'm very satisfied with my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS desktop. Only "bug" I've
found so far is a series of strange artefacts found in OpenOffice's main
menu. Here's what this looks like:

* http://www.microlinux.fr/images/artefacts.png

Any idea how I can get rid of this ?

Another somehow related question. Since my main interest is stability, I
wonder if it's a good idea to replace OpenOffice in Ubuntu 10.04 by some
stable version of LibreOffice from a PPA.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web : http://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info@microlinux.fr
Tél. : 04 66 63 10 32

Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 AM
"roberto.preziusi@gmail.com"

Hi,
I've got the same problem using OpenOffice with the ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
Really dont know wich graphical libraries missing BUT

I've solved installing LibreOffice with 3 commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa

sudo apt-get updateapt-get install libreofficeIt works very well and LibreOffice it's very thiny
Try and check if now your artefacts disappear.

Regards,
Rob
--
Preziusi Roberto

Old 11-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Nicolas Kovacs

I've solved installing LibreOffice with 3 commands:

1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
2. sudo apt-get update
3. apt-get install libreoffice

It works very well and LibreOffice it's very thiny
Try and check if now your artefacts disappear.

I just replaced OpenOffice.org by LibreOffice from PPA, used it a bit,
and well, looks nice, and doesn't seem to have the artefacts problem.