Old 11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default how to install postfix on my 11.10 box with everything else in place?

openly admitting i'm not an email admin expert, i have a running
11.04 system with email running nicely -- "fetchmail" to get my mail,
"alpine" as my reader and, underneath it all, postfix.

i want to finish moving everything from this current system to the
new one, and the last thing left to move is the ability to get and
send email.

i've copied over all of mail/, mbox, .addressbook*, .pinerc,
installed fetchmail and alpine, and all that's left to do is install
and configure postfix.

this *shouldn't* be hard since my .fetchmailrc and .pinerc files
pretty much configure everything i need to know, i just need to drop
in a basic postfix, correct? so given my fairly basic setup, when i
install postfix on the 11.10 system, which selection do i make:

No config
Internet Site
Internet with smarthost
Satellite system
Local only

as i read it, i want either choice 2 or 3 but i'm not sure which.
advice?

rday

Robert P. J. Day Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday