Old 11-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Nicolas Kovacs

Default Ubuntu 10.04 : NFS mounts showing on desktop

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (classic), and I wonder about a little
detail. I have five static NFS mounts in my /etc/fstab, for various data
I keep on a server in the LAN. Now these five mounts actually show on
the GNOME desktop. Is there a way I can turn this behaviour off? I only
want to access the mount points (all under my ~ directory) from within
Nautilus.

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web : http://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info@microlinux.fr
Tél. : 04 66 63 10 32

Old 11-08-2011, 02:19 AM
NoOp

On 11/07/2011 01:50 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (classic), and I wonder about a little
> detail. I have five static NFS mounts in my /etc/fstab, for various data
> I keep on a server in the LAN. Now these five mounts actually show on
> the GNOME desktop. Is there a way I can turn this behaviour off? I only
> want to access the mount points (all under my ~ directory) from within
> Nautilus.

$ gconf-editor
apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible - uncheck

Old 11-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Nicolas Kovacs

apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible - uncheck

Thanks, that worked !