Old 11-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Ari Torhamo

Default Upgrade to 10.10 messed Evolution

Hello,

When I upgraded from Ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10, my old email accounts didn't work anymore. They were visible at the settings, and they had an entry at Evolution email list, but all my previous emails were moved under "localhost" entry. Receiving email didn't work anymore (sending did). I tried a few things to get things back to normal, and finally I reinstalled Evolution, after backuping two folders, "local" and "local_mbox" at .local/share/evolution/mail (I deleted the "evolution" folder after this) . Moving those folders back where they were after reinstallation didn't bring my messages back. I have partly lost track what happened and what I did and tried between the upgrade and now, but I'd like to know how to get Evolution back and working with all my messages. Part of my email messages seem to be in the saved "local" folder, part in the "local_mbox". My description is probably somewhat confusing, but the main thing is how to get the messages from "local" and "local_mbox" back to Evolution, and preferably as they were, inside the folders they were. I can do a fresh install, recreate accounts etc. as long as I get the mail inside the above mentioned folders back.

Any advices? Thanks.

Ari