Old 11-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Noah

Default move from mbox to Maildir?

Hi there,

I have problems with a lot of memory needed for indexing my mbox by
dovecot and wondering if I transitioned from mbox to Maildir if that
would help with the indexing processing? If so is there a good tutorial
for moving postfix from mbox to Maildir?

Cheers,

Noah

Old 11-08-2011, 12:54 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Sat, November 5, 2011 01:44, Noah wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have problems with a lot of memory needed for indexing my mbox by
> dovecot and wondering if I transitioned from mbox to Maildir if that
> would help with the indexing processing? If so is there a good tutorial
> for moving postfix from mbox to Maildir?

I can't help you in detail, but this is how I convert mbox files to maildirs:

formail -b -s procmail -m ~/.procmailrc < $mailfile

More info on:
http://amedee.be/mbox-mailboxen-omzetten-naar-maildir (my blog, Dutch)
http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Processing+old+mbox+archives+with+procmail-formail

Old 11-08-2011, 01:29 PM