Old 11-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Colin Law

Default How to stop consolekit logging

I am running Ubuntu on a Sheeva Plug PC on an SD card so I want to
minimise the amount of logging. I have been unable to find any way of
stopping consolekit from logging to /var/log/ConsoleKit/history or at
least reducing the detail. It gets written to every few minutes and
grows at about 0.5MB/day. Google has failed me and the consolekit
documentation that I found said nothing about logging.

Any ideas anyone?

Colin

Old 11-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Nils Kassube

Colin Law wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu on a Sheeva Plug PC on an SD card so I want to
> minimise the amount of logging. I have been unable to find any way
> of stopping consolekit from logging to /var/log/ConsoleKit/history
> or at least reducing the detail. It gets written to every few
> minutes and grows at about 0.5MB/day. Google has failed me and the
> consolekit documentation that I found said nothing about logging.

I didn't try if it works but I would link /var/log/ConsoleKit/history to
/dev/null. OTOH, you could put /var/log in a tmpfs if you don't care
about any logs and if RAM is not too limited for your application. That
would save even more write operations to the SD card.

Nils