Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Olivier Pavilla

Default Where Can I found all of IP range of Taiwan?

Hi everyone.

For several weeks much cyber taiwanese asshole are attacking my server.
I have enough with this. I can't spend all of my time blocking Taiwanese
IP one by one. So I want block all IPs from Taiwan.
Anyone has idea how to do this on ubuntu server?

--
"Le seul browser compatible 3G, c'est Lynx."
-+ bolosse45 +-

Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Jacob Mansfield

It's a bit of a novelty, and slightly out of date, but http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/map_of_the_internet.jpg is always useful

--
regards,
Jacob Mansfield

Old 11-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Olivier Pavilla

Le 04/11/2011 07:44, Jacob Mansfield a écrit :
> On 4 Nov 2011, at 06:04, Olivier Pavilla wrote:
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> For several weeks much cyber taiwanese asshole are attacking my server.
>> I have enough with this. I can't spend all of my time blocking Taiwanese
>> IP one by one. So I want block all IPs from Taiwan.
>> Anyone has idea how to do this on ubuntu server?
>

> It's a bit of a novelty, and slightly out of date, but http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/map_of_the_internet.jpg is always useful

Oh... It's really useful... But unfortunately my firewall doesn't
recognize drawing made by kids

Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Linux Tyro

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Olivier Pavilla <olivier.pavilla@linux-squad.com> wrote:

>> For several weeks much cyber taiwanese asshole are attacking my server.

>> I have enough with this. I can't spend all of my time blocking Taiwanese

>> IP one by one. So I want block all IPs from Taiwan.

>> Anyone has idea how to do this on ubuntu server?

I don't know if suits or not, but if possible, search/find the government institution of your country which provide the information of all the IPs starting for your country starting with a particular address and increasing in that order, so you can block, (however this is just a arrow in the sky). If it could help......

--
Two atoms are walking along. Suddenly, one stops. The other says, "What'swrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"

Old 11-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Squeeze Winnet

You can get the country blocks from*http://www.countryipblocks.net/*but it all depends on what you have to block with.You can do it via Apache, but probably best to do this on your main firewall, unless your Ubuntu server is also your main firewall?
If you are just using IPTABLES then you can insert a drop rule for a block of the specific IP range of the source - you can either use the above link for this or SANS Dshield here*http://www.dshield.org/ipinfo.html?ip=enter the ip of the source after the = and you will get their CIDR block. Then use the CIDR block in an IPTABLES DROP rule.
You could also install APF (Avanced Policy Firewall) from*http://www.rfxn.com/projects/advanced-policy-firewall/*which has some great features for blocking and you could also install a*pfSense firewall on your perimeter which has a package plugin for country blocks.
Really need more details about what you have and want or can't do to help you more.
CheersKeith

Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Fri, November 4, 2011 07:04, Olivier Pavilla wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> For several weeks much cyber taiwanese asshole are attacking my server.
> I have enough with this. I can't spend all of my time blocking Taiwanese
> IP one by one. So I want block all IPs from Taiwan.
> Anyone has idea how to do this on ubuntu server?

Denyhosts and fail2ban were made for this purpose.

sudo apt-get install denyhosts
man denyhosts
sudo apt-get install fail2ban
man fail2ban

Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 PM
NoOp

On 11/03/2011 11:04 PM, Olivier Pavilla wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> For several weeks much cyber taiwanese asshole are attacking my server.
> I have enough with this. I can't spend all of my time blocking Taiwanese
> IP one by one. So I want block all IPs from Taiwan.
> Anyone has idea how to do this on ubuntu server?

http://blacklist.linuxadmin.org/
and
http://www.ipdeny.com/
might be of interest.

Archive of my previous thread on this:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/224439>

Old 11-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Linux Tyro

Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Hugh Caley

For several weeks much cyber taiwanese asshole are attacking my server.
I have enough with this. I can't spend all of my time blocking Taiwanese
IP one by one. So I want block all IPs from Taiwan.
Anyone has idea how to do this on ubuntu server?

http://blacklist.linuxadmin.org/
and
http://www.ipdeny.com/
might be of interest.

Archive of my previous thread on this:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/224439>

Are you sure it's worth worrying about?* Unless they're running DOS
attacks against you ... I get people from all over the world bashing
my servers all the time, but they don't get in.*

Hugh

--

Hugh Caley

Linux System Administrator

Aldon Business Area

Rocket Software

6001 Shellmound St. Ste. 600 · Emeryville, CA 94608 · USA

Tel:+1.510.285.8542

Email:hcaley@aldon.com

Web:aldon.com