Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Dotan Cohen

Default Cannot start Eclipse with either IcedTea or Oracle Java

On Kubuntu 11.0, when I try to start Eclipse I get this crash:

✈saturn:~$ eclipse
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
#
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007ff871fefc50, pid=2621, tid=140705169295104
#
# JRE version: 6.0_23-b23
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (20.0-b11 mixed mode linux-amd64
compressed oops)
# Derivative: IcedTea6 1.11pre
# Problematic frame:
# C [libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x18c50] g_object_get_qdata+0x20
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/dotancohen/hs_err_pid2621.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please include
# instructions how to reproduce the bug and visit:
# https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-6/
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Trying with Oracle's Java 6.29 fares no better:

✈saturn:~$ eclipse
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
#
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f8b5db36c50, pid=5773, tid=140236639299328
#
# JRE version: 6.0_29-b11
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.4-b02 mixed mode
linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x18c50] __float128+0x20
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/dotancohen/hs_err_pid5773.log
#
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

I've been googling and not finding anything, has anyone any idea how to proceed?

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Hakan Koseoglu

Dotan,

On 3 November 2011 07:20, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Kubuntu 11.0, when I try to start Eclipse I get this crash:
>
> ✈saturn:~$ eclipse
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Which version of eclipse? Bundled or local (Indigo for example)?
"What part of 'ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn'
don't you understand?"

Old 11-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Dotan Cohen

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:04, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan@koseoglu.org> wrote:
> Dotan,
>
> Which version of eclipse? Bundled or local (Indigo for example)?

✈saturn:~$ aptitude show eclipse
Package: eclipse
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 3.7.0-0ubuntu1
Section: universe/devel

Note that I have since installed "canberra-gtk-module" but as
expected, it did not solve the crash.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il