Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Pushparaj Shetty

Default Adobe flash plugin problem

Hi I got the following while trying to install
$ sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
[sudo] password for praj:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: The package adobe-flashplugin needs to be reinstalled, but I can't
find an archive for it.

Please help me to fix this. I'm using Ubuntu 11.10
regards
Pushparaj
IIT Delhi

Old 11-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Pritam Baral

Regards,

Chhatoi Pritam Baral

Hi I got the following while trying to install

$ sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

[sudo] password for praj:

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

E: The package adobe-flashplugin needs to be reinstalled, but I can't

find an archive for it.

do a*$ sudo apt-get updateand then try installing adobe-flashplugin

If it still doesn't work, just go with the flashplugin-installer package. (NB: It needs wget, so remember to configure wget for your proxy)

Old 11-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Pushparaj Shetty

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Pritam Baral <pritam@pritambaral.co.cc> wrote:

> Regards,
>
> Chhatoi Pritam Baral
>

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:01, Pushparaj Shetty <shettypraj@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi I got the following while trying to install
>> $ sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
>> [sudo] password for praj:
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> E: The package adobe-flashplugin needs to be reinstalled, but I can't
>> find an archive for it.
>
> do a
> $ sudo apt-get update
> and then try installing adobe-flashplugin
>
> If it still doesn't work, just go with the flashplugin-installer package.
> (NB: It needs wget, so remember to configure wget for your proxy)
>>
>> Please help me to fix this. I'm using Ubuntu 11.10
>> regards
>> Pushparaj
>> IIT Delhi
>>
>> --

I tried apt-get install flashplugin-installer. I'm getting the same
problem for any apt-get install <package-name>.
please suggest a solution. I find that adobe-flash is purged.
following is the status
$ dpkg --get-selections | grep flash
adobe-flashplugin purge
flashplugin-downloader deinstall

regards
Pushparaj

Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Bruce Pieterse

On Thu 03 Nov 2011 08:50:04 SAST, Pushparaj Shetty wrote:

[...]

Hi Pritam,

I'm not sure if this will help but try sudo apt-get install -f and then
sudo apt-get install --reinstall flashplugin-installer.

--
Best of luck,

Bruce

Old 11-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Pushparaj Shetty

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Bruce Pieterse <octoquadza@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu 03 Nov 2011 08:50:04 SAST, Pushparaj Shetty wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Pritam Baral<pritam@pritambaral.co.cc>
>> *wrote:
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Chhatoi Pritam Baral

>>> do a
>>> $ sudo apt-get update
>>> and then try installing adobe-flashplugin
>>>
>>> If it still doesn't work, just go with the flashplugin-installer package.
>>> (NB: It needs wget, so remember to configure wget for your proxy)

>> I tried apt-get install flashplugin-installer. I'm getting the same
>> problem for any apt-get install<package-name>.
>> please suggest a solution. I find that adobe-flash is purged.
>> following is the status
>> $ dpkg --get-selections | grep flash
>> adobe-flashplugin * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * purge
>> flashplugin-downloader * * * * * * * * * * * * *deinstall
>>
>> regards
>> Pushparaj
>>

> Hi Pritam,
>
> I'm not sure if this will help but try sudo apt-get install -f and then sudo
> apt-get install --reinstall flashplugin-installer.
>
> --
> Best of luck,
>
> Bruce

Hi Thanks. Problem is solved using instructions given link below.