Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Kipton Moravec

Default Why make things difficult?

I need to something similar to Adobe Illustrator. To do a quick drawing
for a control panel.

I looked at Open Office Drawing. It does not let me make things a
certain size. I need a circle exactly a certain dimension " It is all
free hand.

So I switched to Inkscape which has to be the least intuitive drawing
program I have seen. I have not been able to figure out how to draw
lines yet, but discovered if I draw boxes I can set the position x and y
and the height and width to the 0.001" which I need.

Now I have to draw a triangle symbol for a membrane switch label (for
right or left, up or down) I have been working on it for the past 30
minutes and can not get it to look right.

The documentation says "to play with them at your leisure". That dies
not seem like a very productive tool if it is so complicated you can't
figure it out.

Sometimes programmers try to get too clever. And they don't think about
people that just need to get the job done.

Just give me a polygon that I can grab each corner and move it where I
want it. Don't try to let me discover how to do it with two controls
that disappear if you accidentally deselect the object. Then you have to
delete and start all over.

Now I have to look for another program that lets me draw simple shapes
at specific sizes and lets me place them at specific places.

Kip