Old 11-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Sam Przyswa

Default Restart Xorg from a console

Hi All,

Sometime my display freeze on Ubuntu 10.04, I use a USB cordless mouse & keyboard and I have to reboot the machine from an other network machine. But I would just restart Xorg from a SSH console, what is the right command ?

Thanks in advance.

Sam.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Avi Greenbury

Sam Przyswa wrote:

> Sometime my display freeze on Ubuntu 10.04, I use a USB cordless
> mouse & keyboard and I have to reboot the machine from an other
> network machine. But I would just restart Xorg from a SSH console,
> what is the right command ?

/etc/init.d/gdm restart

It'd be worth looking into why it's freezing, too

--
Avi