-   -   Restart Xorg from a console (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/593932-restart-xorg-console.html)

Sam Przyswa 11-02-2011 05:00 PM

Restart Xorg from a console

Hi All,

Sometime my display freeze on Ubuntu 10.04, I use a USB cordless mouse & keyboard and I have to reboot the machine from an other network machine. But I would just restart Xorg from a SSH console, what is the right command ?

Thanks in advance.

Sam.

Avi Greenbury 11-03-2011 07:55 AM

Restart Xorg from a console

Sam Przyswa wrote:

> Sometime my display freeze on Ubuntu 10.04, I use a USB cordless
> mouse & keyboard and I have to reboot the machine from an other
> network machine. But I would just restart Xorg from a SSH console,
> what is the right command ?

/etc/init.d/gdm restart

It'd be worth looking into why it's freezing, too :)

--
Avi