Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default Installed 11.04 on new hardware; no unity. What does it take?

I just re-kitted a broken system with a new mainboard and video.* I installed a fresh Natty, expecting it to come up in Unity.* However, it said my system did not support Unity and gave me gnome.* What's up with that?

The mainboard runs 4-core AMD at 3.6 GHz, with 8 GB RAM.
Video card has 512MB cache.

What other specifics do I need to know to figure this out?
--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:04:07 -0700
"Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just re-kitted a broken system with a new mainboard and video. I
> installed a fresh Natty, expecting it to come up in Unity. However,
> it said my system did not support Unity and gave me gnome. What's up
> with that?
>
> The mainboard runs 4-core AMD at 3.6 GHz, with 8 GB RAM.
> Video card has 512MB cache.
>
> What other specifics do I need to know to figure this out?

As a new moderator, what you need to do /first/ is figure out how to
post in this mailing list following the well-laid-out and very available
rules:

See this part:
----------
HTML mail

Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible. Some people may find
it more difficult to read or reply to these emails. Also, HTML email
takes up more space, so people with restricted Internet access will be
happier to receive plain text emails.

Then, after you have learned how to post correctly, maybe more folks
will be willing to help.
Will you really be a good moderator if you don't even try to follow
the rules, yourself? I think, "not."

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs