Old 11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Dmitry Batiyevskiy

Default problem with touchpad on acer aspire 5750g

Hello
I have a problem with touchpad on my acer aspire 5750g.
It is recognized as PS/2 mouse, and scrolling on the touchpad doesn't works.
The first thing I tried was to update to 11.10 from 11.04. It wasn't
helpful.
Then I tried to compile my own kernel with patch as advised here
http://pj.freefaculty.org/blog/alps-touchpad-linux-final-statement-now
(patch is https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/350841/), but it don't fix
the problem at all.
I tried to patch 2.6.38.8 and 3.0.4 kernels, sources downloaded from
kernel.org.

If any body can help me I will appreciate.
"xinput list" shows:
⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer
(3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer
(2)]
⎜ ↳ PS/2 Generic Mouse id=13 [slave pointer
(2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard
(2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave
keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=6 [slave
keyboard (3)]
↳ Video Bus id=7 [slave
keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=8 [slave
keyboard (3)]
↳ Sleep Button id=9 [slave
keyboard (3)]
↳ Video Bus id=10 [slave
keyboard (3)]
↳ 1.3M HD WebCam id=11 [slave
keyboard (3)]
↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=12 [slave
keyboard (3)]

Thanks.
Dmitry Batiyevskiy
ARDAS Group