Old 11-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Colin Law

Default What should be the ideal CD/DVD burning speed

On 1 November 2011 14:24, Linux Tyro <ubuntu.bkn1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Though I have sometimes found it necessary to go slower.
>

> Apart from the reason that your burner is slower (as you say), there should
> not be any other other reason...?

Or as I said, that the discs are marked a bit optimistically. In
other words they will not go at the speed they should (this is more
likely on unbranded cheap discs I think).

> Two atoms are walking along. Suddenly, one stops. The other says, "What's
> wrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"

That was amusing the first time I read it but after a couple of dozen
posts it is losing its charm.

Colin

Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Linux Tyro

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Two atoms are walking along. Suddenly, one stops. The other says, "What's

> wrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"

That was amusing the first time I read it but after a couple of dozen

posts it is losing its charm.
Everything is like that in life, search out yourself! It looks good and you are excited but loses charm when it is practice and then you think 'something new' should be there and that's the foundation of something called as 'innovation'.

BTW that was a signature (not a query in the OP or anywhere), it remains same (for most of the time) unless I wish to change that.
--

Old 11-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Doug