Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Luis Maceira

Default Ubuntu10.04.3 LTS and recent update COMPLETELY BROKE SOUND.

I installed Ubuntu 10.04.3 on a Dell Mini9 I tested and the sound was OK without any problems then I did apt-get update apt-get upgrade and apt-get dist-upgrade,and the sound has completely gone.I did this fresh install because I had the exact same system and a recent upgrade or dist-upgrade did the exact same thing.So,some thing went wrong with this latest updates(since 10.04.3 Julay 20011),with the kernel itself or sound related packages.It needs to be corrected by Ubuntu because it is "factory made".

Old 10-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Hakan Koseoglu

On 31 October 2011 11:54, Luis Maceira <luis_a_maceira@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I installed Ubuntu 10.04.3 on a Dell Mini9 I tested and the sound was OK without any problems then I did apt-get update apt-get upgrade and apt-get dist-upgrade,and the sound has completely gone.I did this fresh install because I had the exact same system and a recent upgrade or dist-upgrade did the exact same thing.So,some thing went wrong with this latest updates(since 10.04.3 Julay 20011),with the kernel itself or sound related packages.It needs to be corrected by Ubuntu because it is "factory made".

You better contact Ubuntu then.
"What part of 'ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn'
don't you understand?"