Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Liam Proven

Default Problems with Core i3 notebook

I am currently using a Core i3-powered MSI CR620 notebook. It's good
for a budget machine.

This is a related model:
http://uk.msi.com/product/nb/CR620.html

But on Ubuntu 10.04LTS, 11.04 and 11.10 it exhibits the same problem.
If I unplug it from the mains, although the battery meter says there
is 2h50m of power remaining, the screen goes dim and it immediately
says that the battery is critically low and it is about to shut down.

Any suggestions as to where to start investigating this?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Eliezer Croitoru

I am currently using a Core i3-powered MSI CR620 notebook. It's good
for a budget machine.

This is a related model:
http://uk.msi.com/product/nb/CR620.html

But on Ubuntu 10.04LTS, 11.04 and 11.10 it exhibits the same problem.
If I unplug it from the mains, although the battery meter says there
is 2h50m of power remaining, the screen goes dim and it immediately
says that the battery is critically low and it is about to shut down.

Any suggestions as to where to start investigating this?

just out of curiosity... did you tried any other linux distro on the laptop?
such as fedora livedvd or knoppix slax. or any other?

Old 11-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Liam Proven

On 30 October 2011 19:05, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer@ec.hadorhabaac.com> wrote:
> On 30/10/2011 20:42, Liam Proven wrote:
>>
>> I am currently using a Core i3-powered MSI CR620 notebook. It's good
>> for a budget machine.
>>
>> This is a related model:
>> http://uk.msi.com/product/nb/CR620.html
>>
>> But on Ubuntu 10.04LTS, 11.04 and 11.10 it exhibits the same problem.
>> If I unplug it from the mains, although the battery meter says there
>> is 2h50m of power remaining, the screen goes dim and it immediately
>> says that the battery is critically low and it is about to shut down.
>>
>> Any suggestions as to where to start investigating this?
>>
> just out of curiosity... did you tried any other linux distro on the laptop?
> such as fedora livedvd or knoppix slax. or any other?

No, I haven't. That is a good idea - I will try it.