Old 10-30-2011, 04:06 PM
roberto

Default screen blank after suspend

I have freshly installed 11.10 on my Dell D600.
I suspend the laptop but when i try to resume, the screen stays blank.
No tty available.
Nothing.

The same problem occurs with hibernate.

Is it still a bug ?
I have googled a lot, but there seems to be no workaround yet.

Thank you for any suggestions.
--
roberto

Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Bruce Pieterse

I have freshly installed 11.10 on my Dell D600.
I suspend the laptop but when i try to resume, the screen stays blank.
No tty available.
Nothing.

The same problem occurs with hibernate.

Is it still a bug ?
I have googled a lot, but there seems to be no workaround yet.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Hi Roberto,

Have you tried increasing the brightness on the display after suspend
or hibernate? There is currently a weird bug that resets the display to
0%. In my case its on the login screen and after the screensaver has
kicked in, on two different machines.

--
Best of luck,

Bruce