Old 10-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Torsten Bronger

Default From Ubuntu to Lubuntu

Hallöchen!

I love to use some apps in full-screen, which is not well supported
in Ubuntu due to a couple of "papercut-class" bugs. Since one such
bug was added in 11.10, *and* I can't use Alt+^ anymore in Emacs
under Ubuntu, I decided to give Lubuntu a try.

Does anybody of you has made this transition already? What do I
have to expect to miss? My usual workflow is having a terminal,
Emacs, and the browser open. I use Gajim as my IM and want to get
notified via bubbles of people going online. Sometimes I use
GTK-based programs such as GIMP or gthumb. That's it, by and large.

I have Lubuntu installed in a VirtualBox, and it looks very
promising. But as you probably now, there are those seldom use
cases that you don't think of a priori, and that may become very
nasty.

Thanks for hints!

Tschö,
Torsten.