Old 10-29-2011, 04:36 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default how can i upgrade my 11.04 system to 11.10?

yes, i read the page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OneiricUpgrades

but i think i might have earlier set a switch that says i didn't want
to see that choice, now i'm not sure how to get it back. help?

rday

Robert P. J. Day Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 10-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

Hi there

Use this two command

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Hope it helps.

On 10/29/11, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> yes, i read the page:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OneiricUpgrades
>
> but i think i might have earlier set a switch that says i didn't want
> to see that choice, now i'm not sure how to get it back. help?
>
> rday

> Robert P. J. Day Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
> http://crashcourse.ca
>
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday
> LinkedIn: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rpjday

Dedicated Linux Forum in
Bangladesh<http://forums.linuxdesh.com/member.php?action=register&referrer=3%20>
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman
Volunteer, Foundation for Open Source Solutions Bangladesh.
01611151550

Old 10-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Colin Law

On 29 October 2011 17:36, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> *yes, i read the page:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OneiricUpgrades
>
> but i think i might have earlier set a switch that says i didn't want
> to see that choice, now i'm not sure how to get it back. *help?

In Update Manager click Settings then Updates and at the bottom where
it says Notify me of a new Ubuntu version, select For any new version.

Colin

> rday

> Robert P. J. Day * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

gplus.to/clanlaw

Old 10-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Bruce Pieterse

but i think i might have earlier set a switch that says i didn't want
to see that choice, now i'm not sure how to get it back. help?

In Update Manager click Settings then Updates and at the bottom where
it says Notify me of a new Ubuntu version, select For any new version.

Colin

rday

Robert P. J. Day Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

You can also try update-manager -d from either the run dialog or the
terminal.

--
Best of luck,

Bruce