Old 10-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Ben Cliff

Default mouse again ... or still

My mouse is quite infuriating.
It will either work on the desktop and menu bar (file, edit, (x)(-)(+), etc)
OR it will work within whatever window or program I have open.
Rarely does it function in both simultaneously.

Needless to say it is very annoying.

I've had this problem for a
while, and have asked for help here, as well as forums. Neither place
did I find a solution, nor was anyone able to help me.
So I'm trying again...

Very Occasionally, it will work perfectly. I have the same problem
weather using Unity, or Classic. I don't use the "KDE Plasma Workspace"
much, but at the moment, the issue is not present.
I'll just stay in KDE for now.

I am running:
Ubuntu 11.04
GNOME 2.32.1
Kernel 2.6.38-12-generic
GCC 4.5.2 (x86_64-linux-gnu)
Xorg 1.10.1 (13 October 2011* 05:43:01PM)

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU*** Q8200* @ 2.33GHz
Freq: 2336.000 MHz

L2 cache: 2048 KB

RAM: 6 Gig

nVidia G98 [GeForce G100] - 512MB
NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module* 270.41.06* Mon Apr 18 14:53:56 PDT 2011

If you can help, awesome...
If not, I thank you for your time anyway.

Ben