Old 10-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Nils Kassube

Default Are my emails reaching the list?

Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> over the past few days, several of my emails to the list have not
> been replied to, and I am wondering if my emails are reaching the
> list. would someone be able to send me a quick reply to confirm they
> are being sent to everybody? thanks guys (and girls)

You can always check the archives to find out if your mails have reached
the list: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/>

Nils

Old 10-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Jacob Mansfield

On 28 Oct 2011, at 01:40, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 22:29:22 +0100
>
> I'd guess that, like me, many folks just won't be bothered to reply to
> those who continually flaunt the rules of the list by posting in HTML.
> I know you've been told about this in the past; /I've/ told you.
>
> It isn't just me, it is the rule for the mailing list. For those who
> just will not do as they are supposed to do, many people just will not
> help them/YOU/.
>
> Please consider this as help, not a complaint. I (and likely others)
> just don't care what you do but if you don't do what's right, we just
> don't care to help.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I was using hypertext markup language designed to enhance the formatting of text and other elements, thus increasing the experience of the reader across the entire internet, by ensuring they view the content in the style and layout I, the creator, desire.

Oh wait, I'm not.

--
regards,
Jacob Mansfield

Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Steve Flynn

On 28 October 2011 07:45, Jacob Mansfield <cyberjacob@gmail.com> wrote:

> oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I was using hypertext markup language designed to enhance the formatting of text and other elements, thus increasing the experience of the reader across the entire internet, by ensuring they view the content in the style and layout I, the creator, desire.

Au contraire.

Your Apple Mail account was set up to post in MIME...

--Apple-Mail-4--6137362

-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
"><div>Hi all,</div>over the past few days, several of my emails to the =
list have not been replied to, and I am wondering if my emails are =
reaching the list.<div>would someone be able to send me a quick reply to =
confirm they are being sent to everybody?</div><div>thanks guys (and =
girls)<div><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
Mansfield<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:jacob.mansfield@itvet.co.uk">jacob. mansfield@itvet.co.uk</a=

--Apple-Mail-4--6137362--

--
Steve

Old 10-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Jacob Mansfield

On 28 Oct 2011, at 08:57, Steve Flynn wrote:

> Au contraire.
> Your Apple Mail account was set up to post in MIME...

Then I apologise greatly, I was lead to believe that 'plain text' was not HTML (as opposed to 'rich text')

--
regards,
Jacob Mansfield

Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Thu, October 27, 2011 23:29, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> Hi all,
> over the past few days, several of my emails to the list have not been
> replied to, and I am wondering if my emails are reaching the list.
> would someone be able to send me a quick reply to confirm they are being
> sent to everybody?
> thanks guys (and girls)

Nope, your mails are not reaching Belgium.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 07:45:53AM +0100, Jacob Mansfield wrote:

.........snip.........

> oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I was using hypertext markup language designed to enhance the formatting of text and other elements, thus increasing the experience of the reader across the entire internet, by ensuring they view the content in the style and layout I, the creator, desire.

The only thing that HTML enhances is the sender's ego.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,

Old 10-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Michael

Robert Holtzman wrote:

oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I was using hypertext markup language designed to enhance the formatting of text and other elements, thus increasing the experience of the reader across the entire internet, by ensuring they view the content in the style and layout I, the creator, desire.

The only thing that HTML enhances is the sender's ego.

LOL!