Old 10-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Jon Anderson

Default I'm switching over to lubuntu11.10

I'm switching from ubuntu 11.04 to lubuntu 11.10 ,I have it downloaded
and it is in the download file or program (under tools), Now what do i
do to load it. or update ubuntu 11.04.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Liam Proven

On 27 October 2011 23:25, Jon Anderson <jbander@izoom.net> wrote:
> *I'm switching from ubuntu 11.04 to lubuntu 11.10 ,I have it downloaded and
> it is in the download file or program (under tools), Now what do i do to
> load it. or update ubuntu 11.04.

If you just want to use the Lubuntu desktop, you don't need to reinstall.

First, upgrade to 11.10 using update-manager. When it's done, reboot
into 11.10 and do

apt-get install lubuntu-desktop

Log out (or better still reboot) and you will find that the Lubuntu
desktop is now an option on the login screen.

You don't need the ISO that you downloaded - not unless you want to
dual-boot between Ubuntu and Lubuntu.