Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Jacob Mansfield

Default dpkg errors when configuring quotas

Hi all,Over the last few days I have been attempting to set up user quotas on a server used for backing up data. after enabling usrquota in /etc/fstab, I went to install the quota and quotatool packages via apt-get, however I was¬*greeted¬*with nice error message from dpkg while configuring quota:

Setting up quota (4.00~pre1-6) ...Checking quotas...quotacheck: Cannot guess format from filename on /dev/xvdb1. Please specify format on commandline.done.Turning on quotas...quotaon: cannot find /backups/quota.group on /dev/xvdb1 [/backups]

quotaon: cannot find /backups/quota.user on /dev/xvdb1 [/backups]invoke-rc.d: initscript quota, action "start" failed.dpkg: error processing quota (--configure):¬*subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

configured to not write apport reportsErrors were encountered while processing:¬*quotaE: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)root@backups:~#¬*

anybody know what I might have done wrong?Jacob MansfieldProgrammer

CyberKing Solutions‚ĄĘ--

Air conditioned environment - do not open windows!

See¬*http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html