Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Bas Roufs

Default can i ask something regarding debian?

i have a very simple question regarding debian which came in my mind and it is as follows:

"Ubuntu is basically derived from Debian completely (I guess I am true) and uses update servers also of debian. Can we say that Ubuntu is more refined debian (http://www.debian.org) and a debian which is more polished for GUI. Is it authentic or I am wrong?"

I hope the question is not wrong....! (Confused..)

In my opiniion, this is a perfectly legitimate question.
As far as I understand. Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu are in fact Debian along with user friendly GUI's and probably a few other adaptations with a view to making Linux more accessible for not really technical persons like me :-)

Thanks to, in my* case, Kubuntu, I manage to work with Linux.
Respectfully yours,
Bas.

--
Bas G. Roufs