Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Clif Smith

Default shutdown script not running until AFTER the first reboot

(11.04) *I've run "/etc/init.d# update-rc.d myprocess_stop stop 1 0 1 6 ." which adds the appropriate links to /etc/rc0.d rc1.d and rc6.d. *however the scripts are called only until AFTER the first reboot. *Any ideas?--

Old 10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Clif Smith <clif@texicans.us> wrote:
> (11.04) *I've run "/etc/init.d# update-rc.d myprocess_stop stop 1 0 1 6 ."
> which adds the appropriate links to /etc/rc0.d rc1.d and rc6.d. *however the
> scripts are called only until AFTER the first reboot. *Any ideas?

For a shutdown-run script of mine, I used chkconfig to install it, in the style:

chkconfig --add script_name

It works OK with Ubuntu Upstart.

To list all available services on the command line, we run:

chkconfig --list

To see the available services in GUI, you may install jobs-admin package.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net