Old 10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Larry Shields

Default Why not try Ultimate Edition of Ubuntu...

For those of you that do not like Unity why not try the Ultimate
Edition...It works really great and I have been using it for quite
sometime...One thing it comes with alot of app's all ready
installed on the CD...

Here is the link:

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition/ultimate-edition-2-6/

Larry

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 10.4 Ultimate Edition 2.6.3

Reg# Linux User 484593

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 10-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Bruce Pieterse

*
--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 10.4 Ultimate Edition 2.6.3
73 de Larry/wd9esu 35yr's A.R.O.

Reg# Linux User 484593

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Thanks Larry,

I'm on the hunt for an alternate distro/desktop environment. So far I'm
pretty impressed with XFCE and it only took 30 minutes to poke around
and like

--
Best of luck,

Bruce

Old 10-25-2011, 05:33 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:58:20 -0500
Larry Shields <larryesu@gmail.com> wrote:

> *For those of you that do not like Unity why not try the Ultimate
> Edition...It works really great and I have been using it for quite
> sometime...One thing it comes with alot of app's all ready installed
> on the CD...
>
> Here is the link:
>
> http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition/ultimate-edition-2-6/
>
> Larry
> *
Because it is old software; Lucid Lynx-bAsed.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 10-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Larry Shields

On 10/25/2011 12:33 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:58:20 -0500
Larry Shields <larryesu@gmail.com> wrote:

*For those of you that do not like Unity why not try the Ultimate
Edition...It works really great and I have been using it for quite
sometime...One thing it comes with alot of app's all ready installed
on the CD...

Here is the link:

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition/ultimate-edition-2-6/

Larry
*

Because it is old software; Lucid Lynx-bAsed.

Cybe R. Wizard

Yes but it sure beats Unity...They are allways upgrading too...

Larry

Old 10-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Rashkae

On 10/25/2011 01:49 PM, Larry Shields wrote:

*Yes but it sure beats Unity...They are allways upgrading too...

Larry
*

I'm as.. disappointed with Unity as anyone. But ducking your head in
the sand and downgrading to a year old distro is not going to fix
anything, only defer the problem to another day. Sooner or later,
you'll have to wake up and realize and Gnome 2 doesn't exist anymore,
and need to decide what to do with your desktop next.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:59 PM
"compdoc"

>Because it is old software; Lucid Lynx-bAsed.

That's a problem with trying to go another direction - old kernels and old
versions of software like qemu-kvm, etc.

It's a tradeoff.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Larry Shields

On 10/25/2011 12:59 PM, Rashkae wrote:
On
10/25/2011 01:49 PM, Larry Shields wrote:

*Yes but it sure beats Unity...They are
allways upgrading too...

Larry

*

I'm as.. disappointed with Unity as anyone.* But ducking your head
in the sand and downgrading to a year old distro is not going to
fix anything, only defer the problem to another day.* Sooner or
later, you'll have to wake up and realize and Gnome 2 doesn't
exist anymore, and need to decide what to do with your desktop
next.

Well I am not ducking my head at all, it is one thing if it works
then so be it, but if not go to what ever does and be happy...

It works for me, and I'll stick with it...So to each his own
right...

Larry

Old 10-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Doug

On 10/25/2011 11:58 AM, Larry Shields wrote:

For those of you that do not like Unity why not try the
Ultimate Edition...It works really great and I have been using
it for quite sometime...One thing it comes with alot of app's
all ready installed on the CD...

Here is the link:

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition/ultimate-edition-2-6/

Larry

-

Not only is the screen ugly, the so-called music would drive any
sane man crazy!* And it's designed so you can't shut off the

music and still see the display.* Fiendish.* Well, it *is* the week
before Halloween. . . .

--doug

Old 10-25-2011, 06:32 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:49:47 -0500
Larry Shields <larryesu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/25/2011 12:33 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:58:20 -0500
> > Larry Shields<larryesu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> *For those of you that do not like Unity why not try the Ultimate
> >> Edition...It works really great and I have been using it for quite
> >> sometime...One thing it comes with alot of app's all ready
> >> installed on the CD...
> >>
> >> Here is the link:
> >>
> >> http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition/ultimate-edition-2-6/
> >>
> >> Larry
> >> *
> > Because it is old software; Lucid Lynx-bAsed.
> >
> > Cybe R. Wizard
> *Yes but it sure beats Unity...They are allways upgrading too...
>
> Larry
> *
You (we all) need to stop focusing so much on Unity and realize that
Ubuntu (still a fine distro even though they've done some remarkably..
unlikely things) has other options There's KDE (spit, spit), XFCE4 and
LXDE all of which have not followed in the Unity debacle. Then there
are the many different window managers that don't include the kitchen
sink as do the desktop environments. My own choice has been (after an
abortive move back to Debian) to go for the LXDE desktop. You might
check them all out on your current installation of Ubuntu if such
still exists for you, Ultimate-droid. ;-]

It's easy; just do it.

Cybe R. Wizard

Old 10-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Sandy Harris

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:32 AM, Cybe R. Wizard
<cyber_wizard@mindspring.com> wrote:

> You (we all) need to stop focusing so much on Unity and realize that
> Ubuntu (still a fine distro even though they've done some remarkably..
> unlikely things) has other options *There's KDE (spit, spit), XFCE4 and
> LXDE all of which have not followed in the Unity debacle.

Why on Earth isn't there a Gubunutu with the gnome desktop?