Old 10-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Pop Horea-Vasile

Default Configuration file, bellive in home partition ?

Can you write to me where is the configuration file, belive in home
partition ? I have settings for many programes that are not compatible
with what I have to do.
As I knowed once it is a file and if it be erased the settings for all
programs are gone.

Thank you.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Bruce Pieterse

Can you write to me where is the configuration file, belive in home
partition ? I have settings for many programes that are not compatible
with what I have to do.
As I knowed once it is a file and if it be erased the settings for all
programs are gone.

Thank you.

Hi Pop,

The configuration files normally start with a . for file names and
folders. You can view them by pressing CTRL + H or View > Show Hidden
Files in nautilus.

I hope this answers your question.
--
Best of luck,

Bruce

Old 10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Colin Law

On 24 October 2011 16:53, Pop Horea-Vasile <pop.horea@lnxopensource.com> wrote:
> *Can you write to me where is the configuration file, belive in home
> partition ? I have settings for many programes that are not compatible with
> what I have to do.
> As I knowed once it is a file and if it be erased the settings for all
> programs are gone.

The settings for different applications are in different places. If
you specify a particular application we can probably help.

I don't understand why the settings for many programs are not
compatible though. Can you explain in more detail what your problem
is? There may be a better solution.

Colin